Let HVAC Service Pros Keep You Comfortable In Your Westport Area Home
Our AC installation, furnace installation, and 24/7 repair services alone have instilled local customer confidence and loyalty.
Our Long List Of Westport Area Services Includes:
- 24/7 AC Repair Service, when you need it the most
- Professional AC Installation and Replacement
- Routine AC Maintenance to keep your unit running smoothly
- 24-Hour Emergency Heating and Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Heat Pump and Boiler Installation
- Heating System Preventative Maintenance
- Water Heater Service and Installation
- All Types of Residential Electrical Work
- Free Energy Consultations, analysis and advice on how to improve your energy consumption
EMERGENCY SERVICE AVAILABLE
Quality HVAC technicians in Westport are easy to come by when you use HVAC Service Pros. However, you need to do your homework to ensure you hire the best HVAC company near you.
After using the form above to find up to four HVAC contractors who specialize in your HVAC project, it’s best to schedule a time for all to come to your house and assess your HVAC job. While it may seem counterproductive, getting multiple HVAC quotes will save you time and headache in the long run because local HVAC companies are different. Some HVAC installers only work with an existing ducting system in place, while others can install new ducts for your HVAC. Other HVAC pros only deal with certain kinds of heaters, while others work with everything.
As such, when the local HVAC contractor comes to your house, ask them the following questions. Their answers, demeanor and timeliness will surely help you find the best local HVAC company:
- How long have you been in the HVAC business?
- What makes you better than other local HVAC contractors?
- Can you install the same, but newer, system that I currently have?
- Have you worked with similar heating and air conditioning systems before?
- Do you have insurance?
- How long will my HVAC project take?
- How soon can you start my HVAC job?
- How much will my HVAC project cost?
- When are HVAC payments due?
HVAC Services Offered in Westport Massachusetts
Service Pros offers HVAC services for over 30 heating and cooling projects. As you can see with the list below, no matter what HVAC installation, replacement or repair project you’re tackling, we have an Westport HVAC contractor for you.
- Boiler or Radiator Heating System Installation or Replacement
- Boiler or Radiator Heating System Repair or Service
- Central Air Conditioning Installation or Replacement
- Central Air Conditioning Repair or Service
- Central Air Cleaner Installation or Replacement
- Central Air Cleaner Repair or Service
- Central Humidifier Installation or Replacement
- Central Humidifier Repair or Service
- Central Vacuum Repair or Service
- Duct & Vent Cleaning
- Duct & Vent Installation or Replacement
- Electric Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Installation
- Electric Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Repair
- Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Installation or Replacement
- Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Repair or Service
- Gas Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Installation
- Gas Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Repair
- Geothermal Heating or Cooling System Installation
- Geothermal Heating or Cooling System Service
- Heat Pump Installation or Replacement
- Heat Pump Repair or Service
- Oil Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Installation
- Oil Furnace or Forced Air Heating System Repair
- Radiant Floor Heating System Installation or Replacement
- Radiant Floor Heating System Repair or Service
- Radiant Panel Heating Units Installation
- Radiant Panel Heating Units Repair
- Refrigeration System Repair or Service
- Swamp Cooler Installation or Replacement
- Swamp Cooler Repair or Service
- Thermostat Repair or Reprogram
- Window Air Conditioning Unit Installation or Replacement
- Window Air Conditioning Unit Repair or Service
Heating & Cooling Contractors Near Westport MA
As you might imagine, the HVAC specialists we match you with are largely based on your location. While project details and specifications come into play, we do have lists of HVAC companies near you on our sister website. Consider reviewing the links below to see both heating and cooling contractors near your town.
- Air Conditioner Installers Near You
- Air Conditioner Repair Near You
- Heat Pump Installers Near You
- Heat Pump Repair Near You
- Furnace Installers Near You
- Furnace Repair Near You
HVAC Costs in Westport 02790
Unfortunately, there is no set cost for most HVAC services. HVAC project costs heavily depend on the issue at hand, the type of system you have, the age of your system, the HVAC contractor you hire and numerous other cost factors.
Fortunately, after researching thousands of HVAC projects, we’ve found the average HVAC prices across the nation. As you talk to multiple HVAC contractors near you, keep the following prices in mind.
|HVAC Project||Average Range|
|Air Conditioning Unit Repair||$100 – $400|
|Air Conditioning Unit Installation||$3,900 – $5,500|
|Furnace Repair||$100 – $400|
|Furnace Installation||$3,000 – $5,000|
|Boiler Repair||$200 – $500|
|Boiler Installation||$4,200 – $6,000|
|Heat Pump Repair||$100 – $500|
|Heat Pump Installation||$4,500 – $6,500|
|Thermostat Installation||$100 – $300|
|Duct Cleaning||$200 – $400|
How To Select Right Heating System in Westport
If you’re replacing any part of your HVAC system, more often than not, you can just replace your old unit with a new unit. However, if you’re building a new house or are considering a different heating system, it pays to know the difference between a furnace, boiler and heat pump.
A boiler heats water until it’s hot. The hot water then flows through pipes to the various radiators or baseboard heaters you have in your home, which produce the heat that warms the room.
Boilers use both oil and natural gas to fuel itself. If your boiler is too small or too large for your home, your electric costs could skyrocket. Therefore, if you’re replacing your existing boiler, make sure you purchase the same size.
Boilers generally cost more than furnaces, but less than heat pumps.
The most common type of heating unit is a furnace. Furnaces produce heat via coils. They use fuel to heat a set of coils. Furnaces then use a motorized blower to blow air across the coils. The warm air travels through your ducts in Massachusetts 02790.
Furnaces work on either gas or electricity. Gas furnaces require natural gas. Like a boiler, you need an appropriately-sized furnace or your utility bills will skyrocket.
Furnaces are generally the most affordable and popular heating units on the market.
Unlike the other two heat sources, heat pumps can both heat and cool your home.
Heat pumps use electricity to move heat from a cool area to a warm one, or vice versa depending on the season. Heat naturally moves to areas with lower temperatures, but if you want heat to stay or move to a specific room, a heat pump is ideal. Given that heat pumps do not generate heat themselves, you need a relatively warm climate outside. Therefore, heat pumps are not recommended in colder states.
As expected, since heat pumps act as both heaters and air conditioners, their installation costs are more than furnaces and boilers.
HVAC systems are tricky beasts. When something goes wrong, it’s not always easy to diagnose the issue on your own. That’s why more and more homeowners are searching for HVAC answers online. Below are some of the most common HVAC questions and answers other homeowners near you are asking:
What Does HVAC Stand for?
HVAC stands for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
How Often Should I Change my Air Filter?
You should check your air filter once a month and consider replacing it, depending on how dirty it is, the season and the brand.
How Can I Lower my Monthly HVAC Costs?
To keep energy costs down, you can increase or decrease your thermostat depending on the season, install ceiling fans, install energy-efficient systems, clean your vents and adjust your thermostat when no one is home.
What Size HVAC System is Right for Me?
The ideal HVAC system depends on your house size and your family’s needs. If replacing your old system, use the same size system. If you’re unsure, connect with a few local HVAC contactors.
Should I Repair or Replace My HVAC System?
The average lifespan of most HVAC systems is between 10 and 20 years. If your system is older than 10 years old, you should start considering replacement.
HVAC Maintenance & Service in Westport Massachusetts
Good heaters and air conditioners can last up to 20 years, but the only way you have a shot of using your original HVAC system for that long is with regular care and maintenance.
Just like our bodies, your system needs to run, stretch, get massages and rest once in a while. Fortunately, there are plenty HVAC tasks you can do both in the winter and summer to ensure your system lasts as long as possible. Furthermore, most are DIY items, so the only expense is your time.
Consider the following HVAC items throughout the year:
- Contemplate purchasing a humidifier
- Clean and change HVAC filter
- Consider upgrading thermostat
- Change temperature when away
- Set thermostat for vacation schedule
- Open windows when possible
- Check coils and condenser fan for air conditioner
- Check insulation and weather stripping
- Check ducts for blockages
- Check outdoor units for snow and debris
- Keep an eye on electric bills
- Schedule an HVAC contractor check-in
Between the coils, condenser, ducts and more, there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to HVAC systems. Before you do anything, it helps to know the basics of all HVAC equipment. You don’t need to know all the specifics of the equipment below, but having a general idea of all while talking to local HVAC contractors will surely help find the best HVAC technician.
- Thermostat: A thermostat tells your heater or cooler what to do.
- Ducts: Your ductwork transfers air to different areas of the home. They must be insulated.
- Vents: A vent is a rectangular opening where hot or cold air is released.
- Coils: Two type types of coils are the condenser coils and the evaporator coils. The condenser coils turn refrigerant gas into liquid. The condenser coil then releases air into the evaporator coil (in the AC unit), which turn into cold air.
- Air Handler: An air handler is an indoor metal box used for both heating and cooling. It contains the blower, which is what sends the air through your home, as well as the evaporator coil.
- Refrigerant Lines: These lines are the metal tubes that the refrigerant runs through on its way to the evaporator coils. Refrigerant gives your home cool air.
- Heat Exchanger: Within your furnace, a heat exchanger takes cold air and converts it into warm air.
HVAC Fun Facts
HVAC systems in Westport may sound very technical and for good reason. There are many moving parts and more often than not, homeowners simplify their lives and let the pros handle it.
However, if you’re tired of hearing about maintenance, coils and more, there is an exciting side to HVAC. Impress your friends at your next trivia night by looking over some of these fun facts to HVAC:
- Air conditioning in the U.S. uses the same amount of energy as it takes to power the whole continent of Africa.
- Children were given summer vacation from school because of the lack of air conditioning, but even when air conditioning came about, schools decided to keep this going. Businesses also used to shut down for two months.
- Modern air conditioning made way for the increase in human life expectancy.
- Before air conditioning, blocks of ice were used to keep people and food cool.
- Air conditioning played a large role to the invention of computer technology.
- The first automobile brand to have air conditioning units installed into its cars was the Packard Motor Car Company in Westport MA 02790.
- One of the first buildings to install air conditioning was the New York Stock Exchange in 1903.
We Also Serve Westport 02790Gas Central Heating Westport MA 02790
House Ventilation Installation Tiverton RI 02878
Furnace Replacement North Dartmouth MA 02747
HVAC Repair Services South Dartmouth MA 02748
Furnace Installation Near me New Bedford MA 02740
HVAC Repair Services Portsmouth RI 02871
Westport Commercial Air Conditioning
7 out of